Our step by step guide on how to configure Active Directory sync to ensure all of your employees in Safeter are up to date
This guide explains how to configure Safeter to sync with Microsoft Active Directory hosted in Microsoft Azure/Office365 for auto provisioning (adding/removing) of employees. This could be for a number of different reasons, including:
- You plan to integrate Microsoft with Safeter, to onboard employees added in Microsoft.
- You plan to use the Microsoft Single Sign On functionality
- As new users join or leave the organization, their sign in for Safeter will be automatically disabled.
In order to get started, your organization will need a Microsoft Office365 Global Admin account with Microsoft Azure AD configured.
You will also need to make sure that you have a Safeter account with Super Admin privilege's. If you are unsure, please contact our support team.
1. Sign Into Microsoft
- Sign in to your Microsoft Global Administrator account
2. Sign Into Safeter
- Sign in to our Safeter web app using a Super Admin account
- Using the navigation menu on the left hand side, please select the Company Settings option.
- At the top of the page, select the Integrations option
- Press the Checkbox to the left of Microsoft Active Directory
- To establish the connection with Microsoft, please press the Synchronize button
- You will then be taken to Microsoft's website and asked to sign in. Please Sign in and when prompted, Consent on behalf of your organization and Accept the permissions requested.
Note: If you are unable to consent on behalf of your organization, you may not have sufficient privilege's on Microsoft to provide the necessary access. Please contact your IT System Administrator for assistance.
Note: By default, the "All Company" group in Active Directory is used to sync your employees. Should you wish to limit this to a specific Distribution/Security Group in Active Directory, please contact our customer support team.
That's it! You should now be all set. Safeter will complete an initial sync of your employees and will maintain up to date records. Please note, that it may take between 48-72 hours for Microsoft's systems to sync any changes, but Safeter will complete an automated sync once every 24 hours.
Having Issues or Need Support?
Not a problem, please reach out to our customer support team who will be more than happy to help resolve your issues.